Overview: The material we use
products are made of various materials, here we present the fabrics and
materials we use, describe their advantages and disadvantages and their
Traffic light system:
a quick overview, we have created a traffic light system, for
each type of tissue which allows a rapid assessment. The ratings are
divided into three levels: green (high /good), orange (average)
and red (poor/low/bad). The markings are read as follows:
- Green: Who values this attribut, will be pleased
It fulfills exactly the purpose that it should have. There are also
materials which serve this purpose better, but also some who serve
- Red: If you have an increased focus on
this this attributes value for the intended use, you should refrain
from using (! Flammability exception here is of course an advantage if
the value is bad!)
How well transports the cloth the body moisture to the outside?
How well do the fabric protects against penetration, such as eg branches, thorns, insect bites, etc.?
How good / far stretches the fabric without tear under stress without deforming or permanent?
How heavy / light is the fabric?
How gut does it trap heat and isolates from the cold?
How the fabric tolerates mechanical stress? Is it more vulnerable or rugged?
How fast dries the wet fabric? Especially important in winter clothes!
How well do the fabric protects against wind and the resulting hypothermia (so-called "Wind Chill Factor")
How well the fabric is protected from ignition, how it reacts to direct contact with sparks or burning material / open flame?
How good does the fabric protect from moisture / water?
|Ripstop (65/35 Cotton / Nylon)|
cotton / nylon blend is characterized by soft feel, robust
construction, relatively good breathability and quick drying out. It
has, for the military, replaced the traditional uniform fabric made
of cotton twill virtually.
The fabric is used almost exclusively
for clothing, its all-round properties make it ideal for year-round
wearable Clothes, trousers and headgear.
- Used for: BDUs, combat shirts, PCS Series, Boonies
- Especially suitable for: combat clothing, outdoor activities
- Not suitable for: wet-cold climate, wetness protection
|Cotton fabric impregnated, (100% cotton)|
cotton twill is a classic outdoor fabric, as he did for decades in
military and civilian clothing is used. Its rugged, dense weave give it
a natural resistance, while it remains virtually silent, which makes
him among hunters and photographers very popular.
But also its overall ruggedness makes it a extremely versatile outdoor fabric!
- Used for: Bushcraft series, Chillcoot Anorak
- Especially suitable for: Bushcraft, Survival, autumn / spring, outdoor, hunting
- Not suitable for: High temperatures, arid climate, CQB
|Microfiber fabric (100% nylon)|
microfiber fabric is a modern material for functional clothing. Due to
its high weave densityit is effectively the technological successor to
the classic "windproof" material, with far less weight. The fabric is
UV stable, easy to clean, light and very friendly to the skin. It can
be impregnated easily and retains its shape also at higher stress.
- Used in: Soft Shells, outdoor clothing, functional clothing
- Especially recommended for: Outdoor activities, humid cold, air, transition periods, as a wind stopper
- Not suitable for: heavy rain, extreme temperatures, extreme physical stress
|Soft shell fabric (100% nylon)|
three-layer fabric is mainly used for the new PCS Soft Shell to
application. It consists of an outer, water repellent and elastic
layer, a waterproof but breathable membrane and an inner layer of
fleece. The water column can be specified with 2000mm.
- Used for: Soft Shell Outdoor Trousers
- Especially suitable for: protection against the cold, bad weather
- Not suitable for: Summer Weather
|SilNylon Ripstop (100% nylon)|
SilNylon is a very lightweight ripstop fabric (50g/qm) of nylon, which
was coated with several layers of silicone. It is highly waterproof
(2000mm hydrostatic head) and has a very small pack size
- Used for: Winshirts, tarps, tents, ultralight moisture protection
- Especially suitable for: Planning / tents, rain gear, backpack covers.
- Not suitable for: Extreme physical stress
is a flame-retardant fabric that was specially developed for use in
aviation. Since it does not independently continue to burn, does not
drip or melt, it minimizes the risk of injury from fires.
- Used for: gloves, PCS Combat Shirt
- Especially suitable for: Autumn / Spring, tactical use
- Not suitable for: protection from the cold
|Cordura (100% nylon)|
Cordura is a nylon fabric made by Invista, and is characterized by high abrasion resistance, tear strength and stability.
- Used with: pockets, MOLLE system vests, backpacks
- Especially suitable for: high intensity, constant load
- Not suitable for: Clothes:)